I’m happy to let you know about some very recent progress on the Wireless Tax Fairness Act, and ask for your help in keeping the positive momentum going. Earlier today Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) filed S. 543, ‘The Wireless Tax Fairness Act,’ as Amendment 2544 to S. 2237, the ‘Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act.’ As you know, the passage of The Wireless Tax Fairness Act is something that is very important to wireless consumers and has been a high priority for MyWireless.org for quite some time. We were thrilled when it unanimously passed in the House last November and we’d love to see it pass the Senate and signed into law.
As a quick recap, the bill:
- Freezes all new state and local taxes and fees imposed only on wireless services for five years.
- Does not impact the revenue of state and local governments as determined by the official congressional scorekeeper, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).
- Has major consumer support (73% of respondents in our Annual Consumer Survey, 83% of African Americans and 85% of Hispanics surveyed said they support this measure).
- Enjoys broad bipartisan support among state and local organizations, civil rights groups, tax groups, consumer groups, technology organizations and companies, and small business owners.
You can help!
- Write your Senators today to ask them to support this important broadly-supported, bipartisan and pro-consumer legislation.
- Call (202) 224-3121 to be connected to your Senators’ offices and ask them where they stand on the issue.
- Make sure your friends on Facebook and followers on Twitter know what’s going on and take action too.
Your help in showing support for this important piece of bipartisan legislation can truly make a difference.
Please help spread the word: